Maya One Shoulder Organza Bodycon Dress in Cobalt Blue
Beatrice Backless Halter Babydoll Dress in Blood Orange
Looking for a party? American Threads has all of the looks you need for those heading to a get-together and those just hitting another night on the town with their besties! From statement dresses & body shaping mini dresses, to cocktail dresses & princess shaped dresses, you will find a look suited for any party!
Picking the perfect party outfit.
Choosing what to wear for a party can be challenging, but American Threads has made it easy for you by laying out some styling tips:
- Pick an outfit that compliments your body type and makes you feel confident. No matter your shape or size, there is a style that looks so good on you!
- Stay on theme. If it is a disco themed party, make sure you pick a groovy little number that is on theme with the rest of the party!
- Stick to the dress code. If there is a dress code for a school dance, make sure you stick to your school’s guidelines and pick something that is appropriate to wear. If the party invitation you receive says semi-formal or cocktail attire, you want to find a dress that would be up to standard for that occasion.
- Pick the right color. Sometimes the party calls for a LBD or white dress, but if you have the option for color, pick one that complements your skin tone and hair color. For those with a lighter skin tone, earth tones may be best. For those with a medium to dark skin tone, jewel tones will really make you pop!
- Dress for the right season. If you are shopping for a holiday style, you will want something that might have sleeves, is velvet or has sequins. If you are heading to a summer soiree, you will want styles that compliment the tan and the heat, like backless, strapless and flowy!
- Be bold. Parties are the perfect opportunity to try new styles and have fun with your fashion! Sometimes that means you may only wear the look once, but our affordable dress prices make every purchase worth it.
Dressed up from head to toe.Your party dress should definitely be the star of the show, but there are certain elements that go into the look besides just the killer ‘fit. When styling for any party, you want to make sure the accessories complement your dress type. Whether wearing a little black dress, bodycon or a cute little mini, you can’t go wrong with a classic pair of hoops. If you are wearing something a little more flouncy or flowy, like a fit & flare dress or maxi, your best combo will be a dainty necklace. Every girl needs something to put her makeup, phone and cards in when dancing away– American Threads has the perfect bags to help complete your look and keep your things close by. You also can’t forget about the shoes. If you’ll be on your feet all night, you may want to pick a chunky block heel or a smaller heel. If you know you’ll be able to lounge a bit at the party, go for a trendy pump!